In Winston-Salem NC the question continues to come up for discussion about race relations in the work place. Within the business environment in our local community.

In March of 2009 I was past over for a position in upper management by Home Team Pest Defense, In Winston-Salem NC, because of my race. I was told by our division Vice President Mr. David Shumate, he had found someone that could bring more knowledge and experience to the position. I learned two months later, that a man younger inexperience white employee Mr. Will Pugh with less than 8 months with the company was given the position. that was the 2nd time a company had done this but I over looked the matter. On October 1, 2010 my department was told we could not attend a African American co-workers wedding; the management was aware that several employees of the department were African American, and had express a desire to attend the wedding, when I ask my manager Mr. Billy Grant, He responded no, I called the division level Vice President David Shumate, He never returned my call. I later was called back by Mr. Billy Grant, and ask why did I go over his headed? and Mr. Billy Grant continued to scold me and the sales department for asking From that time with unwarranted harassment and acts of personal retaliations against us.

Some team members got angry and just quit their positions.

On November 3rd 2010 I learned that a white female employee was putting false documentation about sales of customers in our Route Point Data Base System, Sales were being canceled or changed from unit yearly service agreements to one time services.

Customers were seating at home waiting for home Team Pest to arrive to service their homes , however this employee had gone into the computer system and noted that the customer had changed their mind or canceled the appointment altogether without making and contact with these customers. I called each customer to confirm her actions. When I informed Mr. Billy Grant of the employees actions he wrote me up for coming to him about it, and continued retaliation behavior every week with write ups.

On December 2nd 2010 I filed a charge with the EEOC in Greensboro NC against Home Team Pest Defense, known as Wilson Pest Defense to the local community.

The retaliation by Billy Grant the Branch Manager for coming forth with this information continued; He continued to harass me and other African American employees of the sales department; He later Threaten my job saying it was a performance issue after the charge was filed against Home Team Pest Defense.

Race should not be an issues in the work place, I have worked Rollins Inc. ORKIN Pest Control and Home Team Pest Defense who own both companies since 2003 as an caring compassionate Salesman and Sales Manager for their sales department.

I have hire both white and African American employees in the three years I have served as the Sales Manager, however since I have been with Home Team Pest Defense there are 5 other white managers none of who has ever even interview African American job seekers at the branch.

It's time for all races to stand up against racism in the work place, when Wilson Pest Defense now Home Team Pest Defense discriminate against our son and daughter we all say it's okay when we buy from their company.

I say these companies should feel the power of boycotts. let them know as Americans we do not have to spend our money in their companies.

When others companies discriminate against our children and families we give our approval when we spend our hard earn dollars in these businesses.

Many of us remember the Boycott against K-Mart back in the 80's, what is it going to take for us as a nation to wake up and say we are not putting up with these actions of discrimination and retaliation against our loved ones anymore.

Spend our money with companies who care about all of their employees. I was also a customer of Home Team Pest Defense with 3 accounts, but because of the harassment of the customer base with unwarranted phone calls 5 to 8 times a week, and how I have been treated as an employee, I got fed up and canceled all of my services.

On February 28,2011 I was discharged for what I was told was performance issues by Home Team Pest Defense.

Looks like Racial Discrimination is still alive and growing strong in the greatest nation in the world United States of America, there is still a problem with the color of a person's skin, it's sad to say that color does matter in this country.

As citizens of this great nations we don't have to put up with acts of racism from any race of people, remember when it comes to your hard earned dollars and how you spend your money you owe every company if you don't think so just stop spending your money their and see what happens to their business.

I filed a second charge on March 21,2011 Against Home Team Pest Defense with the EEOC after I was dismissed on February 28,2011 in a third act of harassment and retaliation.

I'm asking Pastors of Churches around the country to inform your members not to use Home Team Pest Defense, please also re-tweet, and forward this story by text and e-mail. if Home Team Pest Defense will discriminate against African Americans and ministers with no Regard to Title 7 of the Civil Rights Laws of 1964, We The Body Christ should not take our God given blessings, income and use them to purchase services from Home Team Pest Defense.

Attorney: Wayne Patterson, President of the NAACP in Winston-Salem NC local area has taken the case.

There are many other companies that will treat you with respect and give quality service. Let Wilson Pest Defense / Home Team Pest Defense and all others know that you are standing up for your rights against practices of racism in the work place.

stop mistreating your families and boycott these companies that willfully practice racism.

Respectfully submitted,

Larry Spates, Pastor

Had an Experience with Hometeam Pest Defense?

Comments

Ya know what GOD knows the truth behind all that happened and hometeam will answer one day especially BIILY GRANT the wanna be CHRISTIAN!CHURCH GOER,NAME ON THE CHURCH ROLE BUT NOT IN THE LAMBS BOOK OF LIFE.We need to really pray for people like that.nothings worth dieing and going to *** for :cry

What ever happened with the law suit?anything?

Fact 1, The sales team received Top Revenue Award under the Sales Management of Larry Spates in December 2009 from the East Division, the photo is posted on twitter.Fact 2, Sales Manager Larry Spates received a Certificate OF Achievement for Intergrity Selling the award is also posted on Twitter.

The Home Office Made the decision to Put all sales personal back through the course, because of so many new hires, we used the course every day; In fact Sales Manager Larry Spates was more qualified to teach the course than anyone in the program. Looks like Home Team Pest Defense Has a real issue with the truth and facts in this matter. Another fact, The person hired to replace Sales Manager Larry Spates, has never won any award or met any sales or quarter gold at home team pest defense sense he has been there.I believe He was hired to cover up the racial issues at Home Team Pest Defense, He took the position after being told that there was a discrimination charge file against Home Team Pest Defense.

My, my how sad for a company to twist the truth.Shame on all of you.

Fact 1, The sales team received Top Revenue Award under the Sales Management of Larry Spates in December 2009 from the East Division, the photo is posted on twitter.Fact 2, Sales Manager Larry Spates reveiced a Certificate OF Achievement for Intergrity Selling the award is also posted on Twitter.

The Home Office Made the decision to Put all sales personal back through the course, because of so many new hires, we used the course every day; In fact Sales Manager Larry Spates was more quilified to tech the course than anyone in the program. Looks like Home Team Pest Defense Has a real issue with the truth and facts in this matter. Another fact, The person hired to replace Sales Manager Larry Spates, has never won any award or met any sales or quarter gold at home team pest defense sense he has been there.I believe He was hired to cover up the racial issues at Home Team Pest Defense, He took the position after being told that there was a discrimination charge file against Home Team Pest Defense.

My my how sad for a company to twist the truth.Shame on all f you.

Andover, Kansas, United States #352113

Maybe you were fired because of your bad grammar. You can't write a lick and that paragraph was so painful for me to read that I cannot take this complaint seriously.

Larry,

While I have seen this posted on many sites, I have noticed you do not address certain issues.

1) Your performance (or lack of performance) You do not address that the branch you ran NEVER made its budget, not for one quarter, or for one month, in the entire time you were there.

2) You never mention anything about the fact that the awards you tout yourself for winning on your social media pages, and some of your complaints, were in fact, actually never won. You never won any award for sales from teh East Region. You never won any award for Integrity Selling. You are not an authorized, nor do you have any certifications for teaching this platform. You also had to take Integity Selling a second time, which you never completed, sue to your firing.

3) You never address the person hired to replace you is performing at or above budgets for the first three months.

4) You never address the person hired to replace you is in fact, African-American.

The cost of freedom in America is one item, which can be debated. What you do with those freedoms is another.

I feel your pain, but as per all problems at rollins ( home team pest) it will be swept under the rug.