I hate HomeTeam Pest Defense.

It is my opinion, that they sell the worst termite protection service possible.

Their Sentricon system failed to protect my home from termites, and then they have refused responsibility for the damages.

I paid HomeTeam to protect my home from termites for 5 years.

I paid HomeTeam for a $1 million dollar warranty to pay for termite damage should it occur. Well...it occurred!

I believe they have acted in a dishonest manor, which has led me to sue them for breach of contract in Seminole County. The trial date is set. This should be fun. As Stewie would say, “Victory is mine!”.

Furthermore; I believe the local Longwood branch of HomeTeam is implementing corporate wide policies which rest upon weaseling out of responsibility by contract abuse. I am hopeful that a class-action suit will materialize from my sad experience with Hometeam.

The Hometeam Longwood staff was rude, disrespectful and condescending during my efforts to claim termite damages. I believe they where negligent in stopping the termites before damages became extensive. This has led me to file a Request for Investigation with the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.

I'd love to hear from anyone with similar disputes with Hometeam or Hometeam employee's that may have knowledge related to similar disputes.

This reviewer shared experience about "multiple issues." and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any) as the author lost $15000. This person is overall dissatisfied with Hometeam Pest Defense and uploaded a picture. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Hometeam Pest Defense.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Household Services category for more informed decision or compare Hometeam Pest Defense to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Hometeam Pest Defense?

Comments

Port Saint Lucie, Florida, United States #1241122

When I had my home built and closed on it in sept of 2015, the home has supposedly been termite protected for 5 years.Fast forward one year and home team is sending me invoices for the amount of $225.00.

Knowing that I had not authorized them to do anything I called in and talked to khristie Schneider. She informed me that the original termite protection is good for five years from the date the house was completed but in order to keep the "bond" for the insurance against termite damage current I would have to pay the $225.00 every year.

I don't know the legalities of the law but I would think if they say their termite protection is good for 5 years I shouldn't need to purchase a "bond" every year.Bullcrap

to Anonymous Gallatin, Tennessee, United States #1268863

I currently have home team pest denfese cause they are whom the builder work with.My first year term is about to expire.

With every pest company, they all charge annually fee to keep termite warranty. The fee is also for inspecting house to see any visual sign of termite.

I am debating whether or not to stay with home team.Although they said it's 100% cover, there's some exclusion on the written agreement.

Altamonte Springs, Florida, United States #1067627

I've never seen a company run faster from their so-called promises about termite destruction.Several years ago when I lived in another house in central Florida, there was termite damage in the wood window frames and all I had to do was call Massey Services.

They were at my home within a couple of days and they paid for the damage and reconstruction of the window frames and windows.Apparently, I should have hired Massey instead of Hometeam Pest Defense since the only thing they seem to know how to defend is themselves!